What are the usages of commercial safes?
A commercial safe will protect the business’s assets against common threats such as theft, fire, and flood. Also, a business safe will prevent important documents from falling into the wrong hands. With this, your valuables and confidential information are safe and secure.
A commercial safe is crucial for:
- Gas stations
- Medical offices
- And other businesses that want to
- protect their assets
What are the benefits of having a safe in a business?
- Theft protection. Commercial safes come with advanced security options and can be easily concealed in the wall. In addition, a safe has your assets safe from employee theft.
- Fire protection. In a case of fire, documents and cash are the most vulnerable possessions. A fire-resistant safe will have these assets protected from such danger.
- Lower insurance premiums. The more safety precautions you take, the less risky insurance companies consider you. Therefore, you will pay less for insurance premiums.
Recommended the ideal fire-resistance level for a commercial safe?
Every safe is designed with different levels of protection. However, commercial safes are required to have higher levels when compared to residential safes. We would recommend getting at least a 2-hour fire rating for commercial safes.
What is the best spot for placing a safe in the office?
The type of commercial safe you choose will determine the location. Some designs can fit under a desk, while others will be better on the wall. However, it would be best to choose a location above ground level for additional protection against floods. Also, keep the safe away from flammable materials. Make sure to select a low-traffic area for your safe as well.
What is a UL rated safe?
Special rating certification issued by Underwriters Laboratories after safe has been proven as highest quality product and high protection level.
UL Rated Safes are rated according to resistance to entry attempts, protection against fire, and other standardized tests.
What safe TL rating stands for?
TL rating measures amount of time safe is resistant to special burglar tools. When safe is tested for TL sustainability, all 6 sides are tested. TL is one of the highest burglar ratings on the market.
Do I need a TL rated safe?
Burglary safety ratings are mostly used by insurance companies, and the higher safety level, the more expensive contents insurance will be able to cover. TL security grade is often the only option for those looking secure high value goods, from $100,000 to over $1,000,000.
So if you are planning to store highly expensive items in your house, and wish to be able to fit into insurance requirements for high level products, TL rated safe is the best solution.
What is a fire proof safe?
A fireproof rated safe should be able to withstand outside fire heat and keep the internal temperature below 350 F (177 C). When internal temperature reaches 350 degrees paper starts char and might flare up and burn.
Fire-rated safes might have additional features, such as expanding door insulation layer and heat-triggered internal humidifiers.
Are fireproof safes worth it?
Fire proof or fire-rated safes are the best solution for storing valuable documents such as ownership titles, wills and other legal papers. These types of unique documents should be protected not only from house breaks and thieves, but also from fires, and fire resistant safes keep docs save from both possible emergencies.
What is the difference between fire rated and fireproofed safe?
Both fireproof and fire resistant terms are describing the same thing, and in fact synonyms. Fire proof safes composite layers include flame resistant materials and designed to withstand heat and keep internal temperature from rising the point of paper ignition, to protect cash money and legal documentation.
Where is the best place to place a fireproof safe?
- Lowest possible point – main level or even basement. If, in case of fire floor between level burns out, safe could fall and cracks could be created due to the hit. Also, heat rises to the top levels, so the lower your safe located the less heat it will absorb.
- If installed in the corner between 2 exterior walls heat exposure is also minimized.